Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure and Operations, the Public Works Clerk provides professional and confidential administrative support to the Manager of Infrastructure and Operations, the Public Works Manager and the Drainage Superintendent. This position will provide the first point of contact in the office for the public as it relates to the Infrastructure and Operations team. The position assists in supporting legal processes, documents, customer service, procurement support, records maintenance, and performing general office duties.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate compliance with policies related to Infrastructure and Operations - services and programs.
- Assists with procurement for the department by preparing procurement documents such as RFP’s and tenders.
- Provides support with administering all records management functions, including the management and administration of corporate records; development and implementation of corporate wide content management systems and workflows; development, creation and maintenance of records management policies, procedure manuals and corporate policy manuals.
- Assists customers with service request by answering and directing inquiries relating to the functions of the department.
- Draft, format and compile information for various reports including Council reports, for submission to review by the Manager. Assist with any follow-up actions resulting from Council meetings, as required.
- Provides administration and coordination of legal documents including, but not limited to, solicitor real estate transactions (acquisition and disposal), severances, easements, leases, encroachments, construction contracts, agreements, registered agreements, claims and drainage certificates
- Works closely with the Communications Coordinator as it relates to maintaining and updating the content for the Department for the corporate website, social media, etc.
- Assist with external communications to partner organizations, community stakeholders, media and potential clients.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of grant applications and ongoing administration.
- Develops and maintains a database of road occupancy and road closure permits and notifies emergency services and other stakeholders of road closures.
- Assists with the municipality’s fleet management system/processes, including vehicle maintenance logs, CVOR compliance, etc.
- Assists with the management of road and traffic signage and 911 municipal addressing.
- Assists in data collection for annual reporting.
- Enters locates, service requests and work orders into Citywide software.
- Requests locates in Ontario One Call.
- Assist in obtaining various permits for Municipal Drains.
- Assists in various mail-outs for Municipal Drains.
- Completes quarterly/final water meter readings, as required; identifies faulty meters for repair/replacement.
- Assists in tracking of operations lists (clothing allowances, fuel usage, sidewalk replacements required, tree inventory/replacements, traffic counts, etc.).
- Digitizes/scans record drawings and reports into the Municipalities electronic database.
- All workers with the Municipality of North Middlesex are expected to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act along with the Municipality of North Middlesex Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Variety of other clerical functions
- Other duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Physical demands require computer work concentration and sitting. Visual and mental concentration with registration and cash transactions. Working conditions are generally conducted in an office environment. Some level of stress when dealing with the public.
- College diploma in business related courses
- Highly skilled in greeting customers in a courteous and professional way
- Well versed in managing and directing telephone calls
- Demonstrated ability to answer queries of visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Expert user of MS Word, Excel, Outlook (knowledge of Keystone, Vadim, Laserfiche, TOMRMS and Citywide are assets).
- Previous municipal experience considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence (abstract required as condition of employment).
Please click here to apply online:
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection.