This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 04, 2022
Junior Support Specialist
Position Title: Junior Support Specialist
Location: London, ON
Type of Employment: Full-time permanent office environment
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive wage based on experience
The Junior Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring a stable and secure end-user computer environment so that employees can accomplish their daily tasks efficiently. The tasks include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, actively resolving end-user help requests, and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level expectations. Additionally, the technician will complete project activities, maintain compliance, be available for an on-call schedule and perform various other responsibilities.
Who are we looking for?
- 40 to 44 hours/week, Monday to Friday; some overtime and some weekends required
- Participate in an after-hours on-call schedule rotation (evenings and weekends)
- Occasional travelling will be required to assist with store openings or upgrades
Who are we?
Canusa Automotive Warehousing Inc. is a family-owned business that values workplace culture and safety. We believe in cultivating a workplace culture that inspires diversity and inclusion. This standard is accomplished by fostering a supportive and safe space, celebrating employee differences, and being open, transparent and accountable as a group. If you are a dedicated individual searching for a rewarding, long-term employment opportunity, this job could be the perfect fit! Visit our website to learn more about us at https://www.autopartscentres.com/.
- A passionate individual with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and goal-oriented mindset
- A team player who wants to grow with the company long-term
- If you eat and breathe technology and are a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment, please introduce yourself!
Required Skills and Abilities
Core Knowledge Requirements
- Provide help desk support for incoming requests via Service Desk ticket, telephone, chat and self-service portal
- Prioritize, assign, and organize help desk service requests
- Ensure the Service Desk ticketing system is accurate and up to date
- Provide support for laptops, printers and peripheral devices including providing hardware and software setup support
- Completes access requests, on / off boarding, access changes, application provisions, password resets, distribution list updates
- Maintain technical documentation regarding installation of software, configuration of hardware and troubleshooting techniques
- Assist senior IT staff with managing and maintaining enterprise network
- Assist senior IT staff with managing and maintaining server topology
- Manage and maintain desktop environments
- Provide support for problems related to Windows desktop, server and network software and hardware for the Company
- Provide users “How to” training on basic to intermediate application functions
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- Assist with server management
- Monitor PCs, servers, application performance, network problems/alerts using available tools
Function-Specific Systems Knowledge Requirements
- Proficiency with PC hardware installation and support (remote, on-site)
- General understanding of network devices; routers, switches and access points
- PC patch management
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience with Active Directory configuration, planning, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows network services (DNS, DHCP, NPS)
- A fundamental understanding of VOIP telecommunications and networks
- Ability to understand or write scripts in VBScript or Powershell would be an asset
- Network monitoring and reporting tools
- Familiarity with endpoint security solutions
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Love of technology
- Microsoft 0365 Infrastructure
- Wireless Networks
- Windows Server topology
- Windows 10/11
- Active Directory
- Experience with Network / Application tools would be an asset (Compuware, Sniffer, WireShark)
- General Network (IP schema, Video, Cabling, DHCP)
- Network Management and Monitoring tools
- Typically, 1 or more years of experience
- Demonstrable troubleshooting abilities
- Good understanding of technical networking
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Strong planning and analysis skills
- Strong writing, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Ability to work on projects and meet timelines as necessary
- Valid G Drivers License and clean driving abstract
Why work with us?
- College or University degree or equivalent experience
- A+ Certification would be an asset
- Product and/or industry certifications
- Network+ Certification would be an asset
Canusa Warehouse is not on a bus route so individual transportation will be required.
References from previous employment or education may be required.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The employee must be free from impairment while at work and be fit for duty, as a high alertness level is required.
- A supportive culture with opportunity for a long-term career
- Strong focus on the health and safety of employees with a dedicated Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Deferred-Profit Sharing Plan (Retirement Savings Plan)
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, out of country/province travel, long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment and life insurance benefits (permanent full-time positions)
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee pricing on products, social club perks and employee appreciation events
- Co-operative team environment with the unified goal of providing customers with the best experience with a unique delivery service and distribution network
- Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are offered during the application process upon request
Application Contact Information