Summary of Duties
Reports to the Manager II, Accounting. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Corporate Accounts Receivable Unit within Financial Services.
- Manages the Corporate Accounts Receivable (A/R) Unit effectively and efficiently. Responsible for ensuring that both centralized and decentralized areas are provided with direction on processes, policies and other mandatory requirements and controls related to A/R.
- Leads the Corporate A/R staff in fulfilling their vital corporate function while encouraging a culture of problem-solving, innovation and customer service.
- Regularly reviews and updates A/R system controls, policies and procedures. Prepares and organizes presentations/education sessions to keep City staff informed of A/R policies and procedures.
- Ensures effective financial controls are in place. Monitors and reports on compliance issues to Manager II, Accounting and/or Director of Financial Services.
- Participates in the planning and development of A/R process and system enhancements. Conducts related research and recommends systems, procedures, and methodologies to maximize the use of resources.
- Acts as an advisor to City staff regarding the implementation of changes in A/R related government legislation or guidelines (e.g. sales tax, withholding tax and public sector directives).
- Ensures the effective administration of the Corporate payments.
- Liaises with City staff and customers to resolve processing issues and assists with implementing corrections and process enhancements.
- Develops, implements, and manages short and long-term objectives and plans which are in alignment with corporate goals and strategies; evaluates progress in achieving these plans.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adheres to pertinent guidelines, regulations and legislation for the respective area.
- Ensures that A/R information required by City staff and outside agencies related to financial reporting, KPls and for statistical purposes is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in staff hiring, discipline, promotion and also carries out ongoing performance appraisals for staff within the Corporate Accounts Receivable Unit.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
University Degree in Public Administration or Business.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Professional Accounting designation: CMA, CGA, CA
- Five years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in software technology.
Compensation and Other Information
$80,845 to $109,487
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.