Date: October 11th 2017
Position: Facilities Operator, Part Time
Location: Centre Branch YMCA, 382 Waterloo Street, London
Nature and Scope: The Facility Operator reports to the Manager of Facilities and Housekeeping. The Facility Operator is responsible for the day to day maintenance and preventative maintenance of the physical building and all fixtures/equipment on the property. The facility operator will work independently to solve maintenance requests and perform safety and maintenance checks of equipment and property.
- Perform opening and closing building duties (unlock doors, pool checks, lights on , building checks)
- Complete minor plumbing repairs as needed
- Complete painting work as requested
- Complete pool operation tasks
- Cleaning duties
- Conducting building checks as trained
- Exterior grounds/parking lot maintenance
- Manual labour tasks (snow removal in external walk ways, room set ups and tear downs, work order completion, receiving deliveries
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers.
- CPO certification must be achieved as it is mandatory for pool operations (YMCA to provide)
- Previous maintenance experience is an asset.
- Skyjack/ Fall Arrest training is also required in time, and will be used for changing out light bulbs, high dusting and any other tasks requiring a ladder or lift.
Other Relevant Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Written communication an asset
- Working independently
- Problem Solver
- Takes Initiative
- Interpersonal Skills
Other Position Details:
Start Date: October 2017
Shift Requirements: Must have open availability and willing to work early mornings and weekends.
Evening availability an asset
Hours of work: 8 to 16 hours per week
Please send cover letter and resume by October 21, 2017 to David Guenther at: email@example.com, Facility and Housekeeping Manager, YMCA of Western Ontario.
We thank all interested applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.