This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 26, 2022
Finance Associate (part-time)
TechAlliance is the place for dreamers, innovators, and world-changing ideas. We empower world-class ventures and fuel growth in Canada’s innovation economy, while championing, coaching, and amplifying businesses, and fostering a vibrant technology community in Southwestern Ontario.
You are a person who believes in disruptive innovation that stretches the boundaries of what everyone thinks is possible. You are proficient in bookkeeping and payroll and you’re passionate about problem-solving. You are a teammate who appreciates dream-seekers and people who strive to make an impact. We believe in extra-long weekends, an incredible workspace, and the flexibility to live life on your terms.
Reporting to the People & Operations Leader your responsibilities include
- Accurate and efficient maintenance of accounting records
- Manage payroll functions (T4’s, deductions, remittances, ROEs, etc.) and process bi-weekly payroll
- Month-end and year-end duties
- Prepare and process government annual returns
- Prepare quarterly government remittances (HST, EHT, and WSIB)
- Perform account reconciliations, post payables, receivables, and journal entries
- Prepare year-end documents for annual audit by an external accounting firm
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records including regulatory obligations
- Perform financial related and administration duties as assigned
What you need to succeed
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience (not-for-profit or startup environment are preferred)
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and/or Bookkeeping
- Proficiency in and technical literacy of accounting software (QuickBooks Online is preferred) and payroll software (Payworks or ADP are preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Concise and detail-oriented specifically balancing and double-checking entries with strong ability to collect, analyze, and interpret financial data
- Highly driven, committed, organized, and flexible
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Strong communication (oral and written) and committed to team connectedness
- Valid driver's licence, access to a vehicle and resides in Elgin, Huron, Lambton, Middlesex, or Oxford County
This role is a hybrid, 20-hour per week commitment, at approximately $21-25 per hour depending on professional experience. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with subject line Finance Associate.
Equity & Inclusion – All applications will be kept confidential. TechAlliance is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including BIPOC, francophone, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Health & Safety – TechAlliance is committed to protecting employees and others from hazards in the workplace, including infectious and vaccine-preventable diseases, and to maintaining a protected workforce. In accordance with our vaccination policy, TechAlliance will require all active employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the exception being those individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to permitted exemptions which are medical and other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.