This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Feb 25, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
“We build cool stuff”
We are building a team of highly skilled personnel to expand our advanced manufacturing capabilities. We are currently looking for a Production Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
Reporting to the Vice President, this person will oversee all daily operations of the plant from a production standpoint ensuring all standard operating procedures are followed. The Production Manager is responsible for achieving plant production while implementing strategies to improve efficiencies.
This individual requires strong planning, organizing, and strategizing skills while working with the leadership team to achieve company and department specific goals.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers; expectations and maintaining current quality standards.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping, human resources planning.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results including labour scheduling, capital budget planning.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship, manage and develop plant staff.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Manage and execute improvement projects that support overall production process improvement in the plant and other variable cost savings opportunities.
- Timely communication of goal progress, roadblocks and solutions to the Vice President.
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Face coverings required when social distancing can't be maintained.
Experience: Production Management: 3-5 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Work remotely: No
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of 3-5 years production management experience in a manufacturing environment with proven leadership capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, engineering or related field, and/or relevant work experience.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Computer literacy ERP, Microsoft Office Microsoft Project
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Strong communication and influence skills required; must be able to effectively enact change management and implement and lead new initiatives and programs.
- Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment.