Job Title: Senior Associate, Community Engagement
Reports To: General Manager, Community Partnerships
The Senior Associate, Community Engagement reports to the General Manager, Community Partnerships and works collaboratively with all departments. This position is responsible for developing and supporting the organization's fundraising and donor stewardship activities, including gift in kind and sponsorships, build days and special events. Through community outreach, this position will share the Habitat message and mission with a dedicated focus on raising funds and increasing engagement. The salary range for this position is $41,000-$48,000 annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination with Construction staff and regional volunteers; solicit, negotiate and coordinate gifts in kind for local builds.
- Assist in the recruitment, scheduling and coordination of build teams and theme build events.
- Prepare required MOUs and steward all donors.
- Contribute new ideas on stewardship, solicitation and events and Develop, plan and implement Habitat fundraising special events.
- Facilitate and support third party fundraising, special events and sponsorships.
- Provide support to regional fundraising committees.
- Report accurately the activities of the Fund Development Department.
- Accurate donor record keeping and database management.
- Assist in the development and achievement of departmental goals and metrics.
- Provide consistent and timely donor recognition, stewardship and engagement opportunities
- Attend community events on behalf of Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario.
- Present to corporations, employee groups, community organizations and others to tell the Habitat store and secure funding.
Skills and Experience
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Heartland staff.
- Complete interim and final reports required by partners.
- Support and engage team members in projects.
- Demonstrated skill in fund development and solicitation of gifts over $10,000 from corporations and individuals.
- Ability to engage groups with strong public speaking and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Self-starter with a strong commitment to goal setting and achievement.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of fund development software, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver's license.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume stating salary expectations by March 26, 2020 to:
Sharon Brennan, General Manager, Community Partnerships
Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario
No phone calls please.