ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Web QA Analyst to join our team. Do you have a passion for creating innovative and engaging web products? Do you love making the best possible web experience for the players? In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of Digital Extremes' web sites through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members. You will take a proactive, problem-solving approach to identify, reproduce, and describe software problems. You will write test cases and build up our team’s quality assurance practice.
- Ensure technical quality and usability of Digital Extremes' web sites through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members.
- Take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving software problems; not stopping at identifying the problem, but experiment using available information to try to narrow the possibilities and determine a suggested solution.
- Document, troubleshoot and isolate issues encountered during testing utilizing the internal bug database system and providing accurate and detailed reproduction steps, including visuals if possible and/or other required regression information.
- Develop and implement comprehensive QA test plans and cases.
- Identify and implement processes for more effective and efficient testing of our web products.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by getting involved with the web team, understanding their roles and interacting with them on a regular basis to help gain a rounded perspective of our products and processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability, in addition to honesty, punctuality, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to balance your time and attention across multiple projects.
- 2+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or Analyst in a similar field (web sites, mobile apps, or other user-facing interactive experiences).
- Working knowledge of web technologies, including both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Previous experience with automated test scripting, especially with web UI automation tools such as Selenium, Karate, etc.
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban and working in a team environment.
- Comfortable with multiple operating systems and mobile devices (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS).
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Employee recognition program to celebrate personal success through an online platform
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/131