This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 25, 2023
Location: London office | Travel within Elgin and Middlesex Counties is required.
Work Hours: Monday -Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Required to work outside of business hours on occasion.
About United Way Elgin Middlesex
United Way’s mission is to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. The most important thing United Way can do for our community is to use our reputation, relationships and expertise to bring together our community’s resources of people, time, talent, relationships, expertise, technology, money and more. By channeling our community’s power behind solid strategies, we can achieve lasting changes in the social conditions of individuals, families and our community.
The Development Officer is responsible for the solicitation of individual corporate gifts and the successful development and implementation of fundraising and relationship management plans. This position works with volunteers and donors, manages Sponsored Employees, and stewards relationships with community stakeholders.
Based on the salary band for this role, external candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $48,000 -$53,000 ($26 - $29 per hour). When determining the wage, we consider the market, candidate experience, as well as internal equity.
Additionally, United Way also offers:
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start
- Flexible working arrangements to encourage work-life balance
- Paid shut down between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP with employer match
- Paid sick / personal days
- Summer office hours
- Extended health benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum of two years of fundraising experience (professional or volunteer) is required
- Post-secondary credentials in business, communications or relevant program
- A strong ethical and donor-centered fundraising acumen; committed to handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and issues with discretion
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in coaching and training
- Experience in sales or customer service is an asset
- Experience in volunteer management
- Strong organizational and time management abilities; comfortable with changing priorities and demands
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office Suite and database management; technologically agile; adept social media user
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with an above average level of initiative
- Community-minded approach that is progressive, innovative, dedicated and effective
- Able work a flexible schedule to attend meetings and special events outside of regular business hours
- Requires possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000 insurance coverage
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to ...
- Manage the engagement, cultivation and solicitation process for individual donors and companies within an assigned portfolio
- Develop and implement fundraising plans related to workplace campaigns in support of annual giving
- Communicate United Way’s mission, goals, community needs, and programs and services to donor and volunteers
- Work to understand the corporate responsibility of workplace partners in order to strengthen relationships, increase engagement and grow fundraising opportunities and potential
- Implement and evaluate relationship management strategies with donors, volunteers and partner organizations
- Work with the Director, Development to identify, recruit and train volunteers; assist volunteers with cultivation and solicitation activities
- Model and encourage a strong culture of philanthropy
- Manage, evaluate and train Sponsored Employees
- Work with Community Impact colleagues to deliver high-quality impact volunteer experiences for donors, prospective donors and organizations
- Work with colleagues to identify and implement new fundraising opportunities to increase revenue
- Complete administrative tasks related to duties
- Travel to local community events and meetings
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
Attn: Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer | e. email@example.com
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
United Way will consider non-traditional work experience such as volunteering when examining the skills and knowledge needed for this position.
United Way is committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups.
United Way requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at all times during employment, unless legitimately unable to do so due to their own disability or religious reasons (“Exempt Worker”). The successful applicant will be offered employment conditional upon providing satisfactory proof to United Way Elgin Middlesex that they are fully vaccinated before the Start Date or, alternatively, that they are an Exempt Worker.
As an equal opportunity employer, United Way is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of its employees. In support of this aim, United Way Elgin Middlesex has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations to employees with disabilities or when otherwise required under human rights laws.