Position: Network and Personal Computer Technician
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Working within the London Police Service’s Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) Branch, the Network and Personal Computer Technician will:
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support for all end user computing devices (computers, smartphones, desk phones, MDTs, printers, etc.);
- Provide general network support;
- Ensure implementation of security policies on end user computing devices;
- Deploy, maintain, upgrade, repair, inventory and decommission end user computing device hardware and software;
- Troubleshoot and resolve ICT service issues affecting end user computing devices;
- Administer PKI security certificates;
- Provide backup for the Helpdesk Coordinator (triaging and assigning work orders to the appropriate support queue);
- Train users on the usage of end user computing devices; and
- Perform other duties as assigned within the core competencies.
- 2 year post-secondary education in Computer Science / Computer Networking
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
$51,226 (starting) to $71,959 (at 30 months)
Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Pension Plan (OMERS), Employee Family Assistance Plan, and On-site Fitness Facilities.
Condition of Employment:
All London Police Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (defined as completion of the full vaccination cycle with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada) as a condition of hire unless there is a valid exemption pursuant to the Human Rights Code.
Please refer to the “How to Apply” page on our website for application instructions. We thank all applicants for their interest in the London Police Service; however only those selected will be contacted.
London Police Service is committed to creating and fostering a diverse and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens that we serve. It is the LPS policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant, in accordance with federal and provincial regulations and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Applicants requiring accommodation for any stage of the application process are encouraged to notify LPS in advance by indicating the request for accommodation in the application, or calling Human Resources at 519.661.5660.