St Thomas, ON
||Jun 23, 2022
Reporting to the General Manager of Engineering, Planning and Enterprise/Deputy CAO, the Manager of Corporate Facilities is responsible for the operation, maintenance, renovation, and construction of all County owned facilities while managing the facilities team and supporting external contractors. Elgin County facilities currently consist of the County Administration Building, Heritage Centre, Provincial Offences Courthouse Building, one (1) public works operations centre, three (3) long term care homes, one (1) wastewater treatment plant, and four (4) Emergency Medical Services stations. Learn more about The County of Elgin, and this leadership opportunity at www.elgincounty.ca.
The municipality is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in building or facility management, engineering, architecture or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible management or supervisory experience, including significant experience in the administration of multiple site buildings and grounds and the development of preventative maintenance programs and facility asset management; municipal experience considered an asset.
- Membership with and designation from International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), Ontario Regional Facilities Management Association (ORFMA), Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO), or equivalent considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Building Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Long Term Care Act, and associated regulations, legislation and codes pertaining to building maintenance and construction specific to the variety of regulated facilities within the county; and
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to reliable vehicle to perform duties.