This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Marys, ON
||Jan 22, 2021
- Maintain detailed systems, procedures, and controls to ensure the efficient processing of accounting operations
- Responsible for day-to-day finance journal entries, reconciliations, internal reporting, and sub-ledger management
- Supervise and direct the Finance Division staff
- Provide technical reports and recommendations on such matters as accounting, data processing, budget control, banking, and financial policies in accordance with municipal requirements and professional standards
- Coordinate the fiscal year end activities, including, but not limited to, audit working papers, Financial Information Return (FIR), and annual financial statements
- Manage the Town’s procurement which includes ensuring the procurement policy is adhered to and provides procurement support to the Town departments
- Assist the Director of Corporate Services/Treasurer in the overall administration of risk management and insurance claims for the Town
- Support the Director of Corporate Services/Treasurer in the preparation of the annual budget
- Assist municipal departments in creating standard operating procedures and controls for financial transactions and reporting
The salary range for this position is $66,583- $85,062 based on a thirty-five (35) hour workweek.
The Town of St. Marys offers a progressive work environment. Interested candidates should forward a resume (PDF or WORD format), on or before 9:00 a.m. February 16, 2021 to Human Resources at 175 Queen St E, St Marys or by email at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of St. Marys is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process for candidates. Persons requiring accommodation through the recruitment and selection process are required to advise Human Resources of their accommodation requirements at the time of initial contact. Information received relating to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
In accordance with the “Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act”, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Enrollment in professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in progressively responsible accounting positions in a computerized, multi-discipline environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices including management accounting and PSAB
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized accounting/finance systems
- Municipal experience, ability to research and perform industry best practices preferred