||Nov 02, 2021
Sales manager, Ontario & western Canada
STIHL Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in Germany, is a leader in the distribution of chain saws and handheld outdoor power equipment in Canada. We have an immediate opening for a Sales Manager, Ontario & Western Canada. Reporting to the President of STIHL Limited, this position oversees the activities of 12 team members.
- Evaluate market opportunities to grow our current Dealer network
- Identify and respond to competitive activities
- Set annual sales targets for direct reports
- Work with sales team supporting all sales activities
- Develop, train and mentor sales team
- Travel with sales team members to support them and our Dealer network
- Responsible for our robotic lawn mower – iMOW, looking for opportunities to increase market share. One direct report supports this product
- Monitor sales results, analyze opportunities and assist in the development of promotional offerings
- Assist with day-to-day queries and provide timely responses
The candidate will work out of our corporate head office in London, Ontario. Travel to support the sales team, attend trade shows and sales meetings is estimated at 40-50 nights away per year.
We offer excellent working conditions, a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits and pension plan. If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager, STIHL Limited - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make this known in advance
- Knowledge of STIHL products
- Extensive knowledge of the outdoor power equipment industry
- Previous sales experience & relationship management experience
- 5 plus years’ experience leading a sales team
- Strategic planning experience
- Excellent organization, interpersonal skills, and initiative are essential
- Proven track record of success in sales and leadership
- Post-secondary education with a business focus