Drake International is currently interviewing candidates for Planning Coordinator role within the home building industry. This is role would be reporting to the VP, Land Development and responsible for assisting the team in overseeing land development’s planning approvals.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
- Conduct due diligence and feasibility study for acquiring new development properties
- Complete property searches by reviewing Official Plans (Regional and Municipal), zoning by-laws, urban design guidelines, OMB decisions, parkland dedications, property assessments, etc.
- Review adjacent development applications and approvals to assist in making informed decisions that will help the management team to acquire properties
- plan new building products with architects and other building consultants to ensure successful and profitable projects
- Coordinate with pre-construction and design to generate final lot and building layouts,
- Create and track master project schedule and track budgets monthly to ensure accuracy in billing and progress
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Construction and Finance teams to execute projects from inception to completion
- Request, review and analyzes consultant proposals
- Coordinate and manage the project consultant team to submit applications on time and budget
- Review planning documents, applications, development agreements and other material subject to municipal and regulatory approval as prepared by consultants
- Liaise with consultants, contractors, regulatory stakeholders, municipalities, and other clients as part of general project coordination
- Obtain development application approval and clear conditions to achieve registration
- Review, assess and comment on all reports and plans for development application submission
- Manage day to day project issues with the ability to Identify and resolve any issues and conflicts related to the project
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Attend public meetings
Education And Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience preferred in Land Use Planning preferred or related field such as Urban Studies Planning/Urban Design, Architecture or equivalent
- A valid ‘G’ driver’s license is required.
- Working knowledge of local land use approval processes, the Planning Act, and other related Provincial legislation and plans.
- Experience working with external consultants and coordinating team resources with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities including urban planning, civil engineering (infrastructure), surveying, landscape architecture, geotechnical, and environmental science to effectively oversee their work
- Thorough understanding and ability to navigate and obtain municipal approvals such as Official Plan Amendments, Zoning Amendments, Committee of Adjustment, Draft Plan of Condominium, draft plan of subdivision and Part Lot Control and demolitions
- Comfortable meeting with government officials
- Strong budgeting and scheduling skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and can manage through change
- Takes initiative, can work independently or in a team
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, database applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an extremely keen attention to detail.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.