This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 08, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY AND PASSIONATE ABOUT ACCOUNTING?
A reputable Property Management and Land Development Company headquartered in London, is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Accountant to join their team.
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the President and is responsible for handling all the accounting needs of the organization. This position processes all the organization’s financial transactions and tracks, maintains and reports on all financial information. The Senior Accountant must have a solid understanding of full cycle accounting, produce and provide timely and accurate accounting information.
Skills and Attributes:
- Lead the accounting division, consisting of 2 employees; assign various accounting duties, ensuring accuracy and efficiency;
- Ability to delegate, manage and multi-task;
- Work effectively and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually;
- Familiar with land development financing principles and the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Ensure accurate job costing to multiple projects;
- Familiarity with vendor take back mortgage financing;
- Prepare and process invoices, ensure that receivables are collected promptly, bank deposits are accurate and process electronic remittances;
- Reconcile all monthly bank accounts and credit card accounts;
- Prepare and present monthly statements of accounts receivable, accounts payable, income statement, and balance sheet;
- Prepare quarterly statements;
- Coordinate the annual financial statement reporting; Act as liaison with our external accountants and coordinate the annual audit;
- Maintain chart of accounts and monthly budgets;
- Maintain intercompany transactions;
- Responsible for timely government filing for HST, Corporate Tax as well as facilitating payments to WSIB and EHT;
- Maintain various project documents, logs and summaries using Newstar Enterprise Accounting, Word and Excel;
- Ensure proper internal controls by developing, strengthening and implementing accounting policies and procedures;
- Assist with forecasting revenues and expenses;
- Provide solutions for potential variances and discrepancies;
- Analysis of cash flow and daily management of cash revenues according to policy;
- Execute overall financial reporting including preparation of financial statements, management reports, recommendations, quarterly and year end results;
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, policies and directives governing financial matters;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong sense of urgency, decisive, focused on actions and results;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Solid organizational and time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines;
- Highly developed people skills with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating others;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Creative, flexible and responsive; able to manage numerous concurrent tasks and conflicting priorities;
- Creative approach to problem solving with the ability to conceptualize and strategize.
What we Offer:
- CPA or working towards a CPA designation;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a senior accounting role;
- Previous experience working within a medium sized property management and land development organization;
- Newstar Enterprise accounting software with SQL database experience;
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please reach out.
- A competitive pay range, employee health and group RSP benefit package.
- An organizational culture that is committed to your success.
- A supportive leadership team.
Send cover letter and resume to Vicki Noels-Cornish: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Contact Information
||Confidential Property Management and Land Development Company
Vicki Noels-Cornish - HR Consultant