This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 12, 2021
STIHL Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in Germany, is a leader in the distribution of chain saws and handheld outdoor power equipment across Canada. We have an immediate opening at our London head office for a full-time Event Specialist – TIMBERSPORTS® Canada reporting to the Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including athletes, sponsors, city and municipal representatives, media and team members to deliver a truly unique product to the Canadian Sports and Entertainment Industry.
Key responsibilities include:
Skills & Qualifications include:
- Take a leadership role in the organization of STIHL Canada’s TIMBERSPORTS Series; coordinate with venues, athletes and production companies
- Manage the TIMBERSPORTS budget
- Must be willing to travel approximately 30-40 overnights per year – international travel is required, so a valid passport is a must
- Create (film, direct, edit, etc.) videos for promotional purposes to support various business initiatives
- Represent the TIMBERSPORTS series to various media outlets
- Co-ordinate and attend various trade shows when needed
We offer excellent working conditions and a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager, STIHL Limited - email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make this known in advance.
- University/College graduate with a minimum 3 years experience in a role where you have had the responsibility of planning large scale events
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to build relationships in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in all Social Media platforms
- Previous experience in negotiating contracts
- Ability to lead a team made up of fellow staff members and volunteers
- Strong understanding of video technology
- Excellent proficiency with computer software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
- Experience in team sports (participating & organizing) would be an asset
- Competitive drive to help motivate the TIMBERSPORTS team (training & competitions)
- Bilingual skills would be an asset, but not a requirement