Job Title Office Administrator
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Location London, Ontario
Posting Period February 17, 2021 - March 7, 2021
About SPM Financial
SPM Financial is a boutique financial services firm based in London, Ontario. We specialize in financial planning, investment management, group benefits (through SPM Benefits), and estate planning for families and business owners across Canada.
Our team is comprised of eleven financial advisors, including five principal partners, and backed by a professional team of administrators and managers who each have specialized skills in specific product lines.
Whether our clients are seeking a full financial plan or just advice in one area, we aim to help educate so they can make decisions that work towards achieving their financial goals.
The Office Administrator serves as the first point of contact for SPM Financial and SPM Benefits (SPM). The Office Administrator is responsible to provide exemplary client service, receiving, greeting, and announcing visitors to the office and answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls. The job receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and couriers and arranges for outgoing couriers.
The Office Administrator ensures the office is always in a client-ready environment and running smoothly. This is accomplished through making sure office equipment is well stocked and maintained, meeting rooms and front desk area are clean and organized, and office supplies are ordered and stocked.
In addition, the Office Administrator supports financial activities. These include reconciling and paying office invoices, downloading, filing, and reconciling commission statements, and handling petty cash.
What We Offer
- Successful completion of a post secondary certificate in Office Administration or related program
- 9 months previous experience in a professional office setting providing reception, client service, or similar role
- Professional demeanour and friendly approach with clients and team members both in person and on the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Knowledge of accounting systems and software (ex. Quick Books) preferred
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software preferred
- Accurate with a high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (printers, etc.)
- Self-directed, able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Works effectively despite interruptions
- Good time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work with a variety of team members, demonstrates respect for individual differences and diverse perspectives
- Acts with tact and discretion, maintains confidentiality
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Identifies opportunities and issues and recommends solutions
- Punctual and reliable with strong attendance history
How to Apply
- Benefits Plan
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and paid time off
- On-site parking
- Opportunities for continuous learning, career growth, and development
- A dynamic work environment with a team that will make you feel welcome and valued
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter in confidence to Tracey Schinkelshoek, Human Resources and Operations Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPM Financial is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please notify us if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at SPM. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal background check and credit check.