Summary of Duties
Reports to the Director of Regional Water Supply, the Administrative Assistant II, performs a wide variety of administrative, confidential, and secretarial duties that will include confidential labour management information.
- Handles and prepares all manner of correspondence, reports, educational requests and memberships for the Regional Water Division including those of a confidential nature. Maintain follow-up on outstanding matters. Conduct research and compile data.
- Takes dictation, transcribes and types correspondence, reports, minutes and statements for the Boards of Management and the Division.
- Arranges and schedules appointments and maintains calendars.
- Formats reports, takes reports from draft to final stage, provides input and identifies opportunities for researching and implementing improvements to report presentation.
- Monitors budgets and prepares various budgetary forms and financial documents.
- Assists in arranging payment of all invoices and generating invoices (receivables) as required.
- Performs a variety of confidential administrative functions including: processes personnel and staff requisition forms for the Division; maintains organizational charts and job descriptions, records on staffing and personnel matters, prepares payroll records and submits changes and prepares and distributes agendas and minutes for all management meetings.
- Coordinates, collects and compiles data for Board presentations and Regional Water initiatives.
- Processes all mail and provides draft responses to routine inquiries.
- Assists in the management and maintenance of the water systems’ website and related content, including social media.
- Receives, directs and assists visitors; receives and screens incoming calls, and updates the internal phone directory.
- Books conferences, seminars, workshops and staff training and makes necessary travel arrangements.
- Maintains and archives Division records, files, and office supplies.
- Undertakes various special projects related to the Boards of Management and Regional Water Supply and provides back up for the Executive Assistant.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Performs various secretarial duties, transcribes minutes of the Boards of Management and municipal committees, and schedule meetings.
- Monitors, tracks, coordinates and follows up on MFIPPA requests.
- Two-year Community College Diploma in Office Administration – Executive.
- Four (4) to five (5) years of experience in a senior administrative position.
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Requirement of 50 wpm typing.
- Excellent ability to use relevant software applications such as Microsoft Office; JD Edwards, KRONOS, Excel, and Visio.
- Proven ability and initiative to work with minimal supervision and with the utmost discretion.
- Experience in a municipal government environment an asset.
Compensation and Other Information
$54,591 to $73,606
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.