Job Summary: Designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes
Required Education and Experience:
- Post Secondary Education- Electro-Mechanical Technician Diploma
- 3+ years of experience as a Controls Technician
- Hands on experience with Fanuc robots in a welding environment
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Trouble shoot equipment consisting of weld controllers, robotics and programmable logic controllers
- Design electrical and electronic circuits
- Program PLC's, AC/DC drives and Servo Drives
- Modify robot, PLC programs and machine screen interfaces
- Equipment maintenance
- Change welding consumables as needed
- Trouble shoot and repair equipment components
- Adjust MIG and spot-welding schedule adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with codes, standards and legislation: Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Review and troubleshoot downtime issues.
- Work with Production, Quality to help reduce cycle times.
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- 20% office,80% plant floor (PPE required)
- Frequent requirement of handling heavy operation equipment
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.