: Volunteer Specialist, Contract Full-Time
: Alzheimer Society London & Middlesex, 435 Windermere Rd London (with travel required to community partner sites) and remote from home.
: Temporary Full-Time (4-month contract December 2020- March 31, 2021), 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend work required
Coordinator of Volunteers and Recreation Services
: You are an enthusiastic, highly organized people person with a passion for working with an older adult population, specifically those living with dementia or cognitive impairment. You have experience coordinating and working with a volunteer team. You enjoy working with a multi-disciplinary team and utilize your excellent interpersonal skills. You are a natural with computers and your written and verbal communication skills are first-rate. You are an enthusiastic, highly organized individual with a demonstrated ability to deliver accuracy and attention to detail in your work. You manage your time well and you are able to problem-solve through challenging situations and unexpected circumstances.
: In this position, the Volunteer Specialist will recruit, screen, coordinate volunteers for programs, in-home recreation, education, events, administration and fund development activities for the Society. The Volunteer Specialist will also provide feedback and recognition for all volunteers.
1. Completed post-secondary education in Volunteer Management and/or Human Resources or equivalent;
2. Minimum 2 years experience working in the field of volunteer management
3. Interviewing experience;
4. Ability to work independently and with volunteers, staff and community partners;
5. Experience working with volunteer databases;
6. Flexibility to represent the Society at events and programs, some of which occur outside of regular work hours;
7. Maintain a high level of confidentiality
8. Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias;
9. Experience working with persons with dementia and/or their families;
10. Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft Suite of software;
11. Strong verbal and written communication skills;
12. Driver’s license with access to a vehicle.
13. Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Check screening required;
• Recruit, screen, provide orientation and coordinate appropriate training, feedback and appreciation for all volunteers; • Monitor volunteers’ performance and recommend additional training, as needed;
• Ensure appropriate recognition of volunteers (e.g. Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event, internal and external award nominations, National Volunteer Appreciation Week, etc.);
• Attend quarterly program meetings and follow up with clinical staff as required;
• Attend community events and facilitate presentations to assist in the marketing of volunteer services at the Society;
• Liaise with community partners in conjunction with the program, education, and fund development staff
• Update Volunteer database, to enter all volunteer information, track hours and programs
Application Process: Deadline – November 27, 2020
COVID-19 considerations: This job will require consistent wearing of proper PPE and completing education in proper Public Health guidelines surrounding PPE and Covid-19 protocols.
Interested applicants will submit a complete application package including cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) recent work-related references. Please send the application package in .pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the job title listed in the subject line).
All applicants will be screened based on receiving a complete application package and according to the qualifications listed in the posting. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.