||Jan 13, 2022
The Bluewater Recycling Association is an award winning rural based organization developing and maintaining solid waste facilities and services on behalf of, and in cooperation with the municipal sector. We are essentially a municipal cooperative acting as the solid waste department for our member municipalities in the Huron, Perth, Lambton, and Middlesex area (Sarnia, London, and Stratford area).
Prime Management Group Inc. is pleased to be partnering with the Bluewater Recycling Association in the recruitment effort of a proven, decisive, and detail-oriented Fleet Manager to join their growing team in Huron Park, Ontario.
Reporting to the President, the Fleet Manager will effectively plan, direct, and manage all activities related to the fleet and maintenance of the Association’s equipment. This committed and employee focused leader will also be responsible for managing and supervising the Route Supervisor, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Drivers, Mechanics, and Fleet Administrator, while working strategically to resolve issues to increase the operation’s productivity.
- Provide exceptional planning, organization and control to oversee all fleet operations.
- Oversee through effective leadership, coaching and mentoring the personnel needs of the team, including; recruitment, performance management, termination and training of all employees.
- Ensure safety and compliance with the Association’s standards and other relevant environmental, transportation, and industry standards and regulations.
- Management of fleet finances, assisting in the budgeting process, review of capital equipment requisitions, recommending cost-effective purchase or disposal of equipment, and the ability to manage the effective utilization of vehicle assets. Monitors operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
The successful candidate will have a relevant post-secondary education/diploma in Business Administration, Fleet Management, and/or Transportation Logistics (or equivalent experience in service, fleet, and/or maintenance management). This proven leader will have a minimum of five years of relevant management experience in the effective operation and maintenance of a fleet, with an ability to drive levels of high performance and results with their team.
The ideal candidate will be computer literate and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills to plan, arrange and manage several projects cross-functionally. A candidate with knowledge of metal fabrication, welding, millwright, and hydraulics would be an asset, with preferred working knowledge of mechanical equipment.
This role is Monday to Friday availability and requires flexibility in work hours to ensure a safe and competitive environment of day and afternoon shifts.
- Engages suppliers in problem solving and participates in suppliers’ improvement processes by providing performance feedback on supplier surveys. Minimizes the total number of suppliers used by working with suppliers as partners to eliminate/reduce the number of one-time suppliers.
If you fit the requirements and are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity or have any questions, please contact Michelle Rawson at 519-672-7710
Click here to apply: https://pmg.on.ca/careers