This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 13, 2020
SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM – ON-CALL COORDINATOR
Full-time, Term Position - Commencing December 2020 to July 01 2022
As this term is connected to Pregnancy/Parental Leaves, the start and end dates are subject to change.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Generally, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The successful candidate must be able to flex their schedule as needed, ie split shifts, evenings
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with school age children and families, in an inquiry based learning environment
- Strong working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen?
- Presentation and training experience preferred
- Is friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable, curious, and professional
- Listens and responds to colleagues and others, with empathy and respect
- Is an effective team member who enjoys working across teams, as well as independently
- Has excellent communication skills and is familiar with group dynamics and facilitating training sessions
- Is able to utilize their knowledge and experience of the needs and developmental stages of school age children, to support staff in providing quality programs
- Has a demonstrated ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Is motivated and possesses well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills
If you are interested in this exciting employment opportunity and are a qualified candidate, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to:
Sue Myers – Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Please identify the position you are applying for in your e-mail subject line as: Application for ON-CALL
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12:00 Noon on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Primary on-call contact for School Age Program staff, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Respond to on-call inquiries in a calm manner, while de-escalating situations and providing creative, immediate solutions
- Analyze trends within on-call, act as a resource and suggest proactive measures for specific situations, as well as identify opportunities to enhance staff professional learning
- Collaborate with the Orientation Facilitator and Professional Learning Team to deliver training sessions, including occasional program visits to support supply staff on-site
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned, such as school age resource purchasing, updating wait lists, etc.
- Work in School Age Programs, upon request