This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 18, 2023
Full time permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are seeking custodians to keep our employee facilities clean and sanitized throughout each workday. The custodian will be responsible for keeping a running inventory of cleaning and sanitizing supplies including some PPE materials and submit purchasing requests when supplies run low. The custodian will be part of a 3-person custodial department working on a 7-day rotational shift schedule.
Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of all employee facilities through the scheduled workday including:
- Lunchrooms, washrooms, locker rooms, offices, floors, glass, garbage, and recycling removal.
- Manage sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- Ensure employee area floors are cleaned by either mop/pail or floor scrubbing equipment.
- Seasonal cleaning like windows, employee patios, entrances.
- Use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by the facility management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a janitorial role preferred but not required.
- Comfortable bending, kneeling, twisting, and squatting while performing custodial tasks.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written directions accurately.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
Wage: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
- Exposure to outdoors, inside greenhouse and office environments. May be seasonally hot.
- Need to be willing to work on rotational shifts and weekends when scheduled.
- Lifting or moving up to 30lbs may be required.
- Work hours may vary depending on business needs.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
- Submit your cover letter and resume by: