|Date Posted:||Feb 15, 2023|
Current Product Engineer/Designer
The Current Product Engineer/Designer will be responsible to work as a part of the engineering team’s efforts in cooperating with all departments (may include manufacturing, procurement, customer service, product support and marketing) in the development and continuous improvement of Salford Group’s leading-edge products.
Salford Group, a_ Linamar Company_ is a global manufacturer of farm tillage, application and seeding equipment. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have immediate openings in our Production department. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Salford employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· Participate and coordinate actioning ECR’s, ECN’s and Deviations
· Assist quality team in resolving NCR’s, Red tags and supplier quality issues.
· Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges, improve ease of assembly and improve throughput
o Evaluate manufacturability of given design and improve manufacturing quality and manufacturability by utilizing design principles such as DFMA.
o Assist in design & development of jig & fixtures for fabrication, welding and assembly
· Create and maintain standard operational procedures for production processes in coordination with the production team’s input.
· Provide support in checking details, assemblies and BOMs for assigned projects.
· Update or create technical product documentation: parts& operator manuals, service info
· Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Have manufacturing experience (fabrication, welding, assembly torch etc.)
· Good communication skills; oral and written and good interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in: Solidworks, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks concurrently
· University Engineering or College Engineering Technology degree or diploma
· Ideally some agricultural or agricultural manufacturing background experience
· Strong work ethic and positive outlook
Salford is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Salford will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay