|Date Posted:||Feb 15, 2023|
Designer – Engineering
The Designer reports to the Engineering Director or Engineering Manager and may be assigned to work with an Engineering Team Lead or Senior Designer. The Designer will be directly involved in product design, testing and engineering documentation.
Salford Group, a_ Linamar Company_ is a global manufacturer of farm tillage, application and seeding equipment. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have immediate openings in our Production department. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Salford employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· Accomplish assigned design projects for components or assemblies from initial concepts to final production models
· Create and maintain CAD models, drawings and layouts to Salford Group engineering standards
· Provide up to date bill of materials
· Update or create technical product documentation such as parts manuals, operator manuals, service bulletins etc.
· Participate in product testing, first off fitups, quality checks.
· 1-3 years mechanical design experience in mobile/off road equipment
· Agricultural background with detailed knowledge of agricultural machinery
· Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree
· Mechanical aptitude in both hands on and design capabilities
· Proven troubleshooting skills, detailed knowledge of agricultural machinery is considered a very strong asset
· Comfortable working as a team member or working independently
· Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
· Effective communication skills, written and oral, with attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of standard office software packages such as Office, Word, Excel, Proficiency in Solidworks 3D CAD and COSMOS FEA an asset.
Salford is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Salford will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay