This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 05, 2021
Mission Services of London (MSL), a Christian faith based not-for-profit social service agency, is currently seeking a Director who will provide an operating vision for the Men’s Mission Emergency Shelter and Rotholme Family Shelter; lead and coordinate the development of new and existing programs and services that respond to client needs and emerging trends; and to operate the shelters with integrity, efficiency, effectiveness and accountability to Mission Services of London stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure services and programs align with strategic plan of MSL
- Serve as primary liaison/contact person with funders (City of London) and other shelter providers
- Ensure shelter programs align and conform to City of London Shelter Standards
- Prepare capital, operating and salary budgets for both Shelters
- Ensure consistency of services provided and quality of services and maintain a high quality of care.
- Ensure food, lodging and support services within a well-ordered and supervised setting.
- Supervise and assess staff performance in alignment with MSL’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Provide recommendations to the ED and the Board for improvements in future directions/movements / best practices in shelter services
Permanent full-time position
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and salary expectations in all confidence by March 31, 2021 to:
Mission Services of London
c/o Director of Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years of senior level leadership and managerial experience preferably within a homeless or emergency shelter
- Demonstrable experience in managing financial activities including capital and operating budgets
- Effective problem identification and resolutions skills
- Proven track record of making timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation for all team members.
- A demonstrated passion for helping and serving others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the non-profit sector an asset
- Bilingual in French verbal and written a definite asset.