See what your future holds.
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will direct the activities of Mechanical Design and Inspection group with focus on, but not limited to, mechanical systems and equipment. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will take the lead on major long term projects at the site to help achieve the vision of safe production of ammonia based products. Opportunities to manage projects with primarily mechanical scopes will be included. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide supervision and direction, so proven mentoring and performance management experience is essential to ensure continuing support and guidance to the Engineering team. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is an engineering leadership role, responsible for providing engineering coordination for site project work to improve plant reliability and reduce production costs.
What you’ll do:
- Actively supports and participates in all Environment, Health and Safety initiatives and activities; Promotes EH&S programs and ensure compliance within the Mechanical Engineering group
- Responsible for the planning, organizing and execution of all Mechanical & Civil/Structural work with respect to Engineering design. Within these projects, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will organize, schedule and monitor work with Engineering contractors to ensure that all plant replacements, modifications and additions are performed in strict conformity with design specifications and applicable code requirements
- Responsible for project management and implementation of large Mechanical capital projects including working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Purchasing, Planning and Engineering internally, in addition to external vendors, consultants and contacts outside the company to achieve effective project execution
- Responsible for oversite of the inspection group. The Senior Mechanical Engineer ensures that routine inspections and repairs of static equipment (Towers, exchangers, piping, storage tanks, etc.) are conducted according to the latest TSSA requirements and best practice guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the development of the Capital Budget. Will direct and suport project nominations with all required front end work necessary to meet budget quality scope, cost and schedule
- Provides technical support for maintenance and operations through activities such as equipment design and specification, equipment trouble shooting, and equipment inspection
- Effectively utilizes the talents of the staff to ensure competent technical services within the Mechanical Engineering group
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for preparing regular reports covering the activities of the Mechanical Group. Prepares and reviews various project statuses and cost reports and provides adequate control for the storage and retrieval of engineering data and information
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies
- Coordinates and effectively communicates with the Project, Process, I/E, and Construction groups within the Engineering Department to promote good team work and enhance project development and execution
- Supports and is an active participant in the initiatives of Continuous Improvement through teamwork, and the application of Quality Planning and Improvement Principles to the routine performance of duties
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with P. Eng designation, with minimum 10 years’ experience related to engineering in an industrial plant with P. Eng license in Ontario. Previous mechanical exposure in a continuous chemical production or refinery environment will be an asset.
- Proven technical and supervisory skills.
- Commitment to process safety as the embodiment of corporate culture, responsibility and accountability;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes to perform successfully in the key areas of People Leadership, Results Leadership, Thought Leadership & Self Leadership
Complex Problem Solving:
- Identifies, establishes priorities, and executes tasks to consistently deliver results within required timelines.
Coaching and Training:
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Judgement and decision-making:
- Ability to empower others through active listening, collaboration, training, education and technical advice
- An understanding of your own personal knowledge and limitations when considering long and short-term decisions and recommendations
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Regularly supports and/or defines short- and long-term objectives. Provides input to the development of functional area strategies.
To apply: visit our Careers Page