Our software development team is continuously investigating new technologies and challenging the status quo to drive our product’s market success. You must be an energetic, creative, achievement-oriented self-starter who is passionate about social media, and thrives in a fast paced environment. If you are looking for constant challenges and working with cutting edge technology in an exciting technology start-up company, then this is the job for you!
What we’d like you to do:
- Lead a team of developers in an agile environment.
- Lead the architects of the software/system.
- Motivate and guide the development team in a way that is aligned with a positive and results-oriented culture.
- Drive timely, on-target delivery of releases.
- Provide leadership around the creation and modification of development process.
- Interface with Product Management to help define business requirements.
- Create, or ensure the creation, of functional requirements.
- Decompose, or ensure the decomposition, of functional requirements into tasks for execution by the development team (in a timely fashion).
- Support the efforts of other employees, inside or outside of the development team.
- Participate in the Technical Leadership Team, helping shape all technology aspects of the company.
- Administrate the development work flow management system (Jira).
- Develop internal software systems and processes.
- Participate in operational support, including the system monitoring rotation.
- Participate in level 3 support.
You should be someone who is/has:
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience and 2+ years of development leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods of software delivery.
- Administrative knowledge of Jira.
- Scrum master training or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with development of web applications, preferably using the Microsoft .NET platform including C#
- Cloud experience, preferably in Microsoft Azure and experience operating a SaaS product.
- Client-side web programming using technologies such as HTML5, AngularJS and Bootstrap
- SQL Azure and Elastic Search
- User Interface design and development
- Agile development
- A quick learner of new technologies, programming languages and development platforms
- Good skills in documentation and writing clear, readable and highly maintainable code
- University or College degree in Computer Science with demonstrated excellence in your field of study.
- Some knowledge and background in the Social Media space.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, retain flexibility and maintain composure under pressure.
- Energy and creativity a must, with strong problem solving skills.
- Due to the nature of our industry, you will be asked to submit to a police background check and associated confidentiality agreement.
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity and the chance to work with an experienced group in a fun and entrepreneurial technology company, email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Media Sonar is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to provide accommodation to candidates throughout the interview process upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.