Job Summary: Provide technical and administrative leadership for a small team of Engineering personnel
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- May be required to work with multi-cultural technical team proficiency in any other language other than English, considered an asset (Portuguese/Hindi/French).
- BASc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in product and process development and experience in launching new process and products, program management and in delivery of engineering projects.
- Experience in Process and/or Controls Engineering is an Asset (Cross-functional engineering experience is an Asset).
- Experience in Software Development and Software Program Management considered an Asset.
- Ignition SCADA software programming, SQL database programming, AB / Seimens PLC programming, and Fanuc robot controls functional knowledge are considered an asset
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to tackle real problems.
- Typically manages and leads 3 to 7 employees.
- Lead planning and tracking of engineering activities including risk assessment, budgetary performance, and program timing.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in engineering practices to obtain increased operational efficiencies.
- Analyze business operations and business systems and determine which Software applications could improve efficiency.
- Lead a foundational, multi-discipline team of engineers working on complex projects.
- Review and approve engineering records.
- Develop detail plans for new engineering product and product changes.
- Making determination for new equipment, engineering staffing and training needs.
- Leading research and development projects for new designs, products, and processes (e.g. Resistance Welding, Complex Vision Systems for material handling, Riveting application, and industry 4.0 Data Collection systems).
- Audit Engineering teams work for technical Accuracy.
- Interview and select new personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews including individual employee development goals and disciplinary actions.
- Participate in development and ensures adherence to QMS Policy.
- Provide technical and administrative coaching and mentoring for engineering personnel.
- Required to work extra hours and travel to meet Customer needs.
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- 70% office,30% plant floor (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. The Company may exercise its employment at will right at any time