This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 31, 2022
Pathways Employment Help Centre
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy
Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring a Job Developer / Employment Specialist
Location: London, ON
The Job Developer role supports clients in their job searching, Co-op and placement opportunities, as well as establishes and maintains working relationships with employers to secure employment opportunities for PEHC candidates. We are looking to add an experienced, goal-oriented Job Developer to our PEHC team, who is excited to roll up their sleeves and dive right in! Reporting to the Director of Employment Services, the successful candidate must be enthusiastic, friendly and fit quickly into a variety of team settings. The successful candidate has connections in the community with local employers and is adept at building relationships with new employers as well.
Is this you? Then you should definitely apply!
• You recognize a rock star candidate and you are not afraid to advocate for them to the employer
• You have experience in Human Resources (including recruitment, employee relations, understanding compensation and Health & Safety)
• You possess a University degree or post-secondary diploma in Business, Sales and Marketing, or Human Resources or significant business/industry experience offering similar skill sets
• You are able to evaluate candidates’ backgrounds, skills, and interests and match candidates with potential job openings
• You have a strong ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment, and establish rapport with candidates facing multiple employment barriers
• You are skilled in coaching and preparing candidates for interviews
• Bilingualism is an asset
• You bring connections to area employers and are comfortable cold calling to market our programs and services
• You are proficient oral and written communication skills
• You collaborate well in a team environment
• You are self-motivated and able to manage tasks and outreach independently
• You have a good understanding of job search strategies, London labour market information, resume creation and networking
A day in the life of a Job Developer:
• Network, interact and liaise with local employers to market PEHC’s services, offerings and clientele and to elicit employment opportunities for PEHC’s candidates
• Assess and advise candidates with strategies and steps for attaining employment as well as assist in placing candidates in suitable job opportunities
• Work with skills training facilitators to create and implement Co-op opportunities for students
• Conduct placement intakes and assessment meetings to evaluate candidates’ readiness and next steps
• Create and nurture strong relationships with candidates and employers, monitoring placement situations to ensure retention
• Maintain detailed records of candidates and employer interactions
• Meet weekly and monthly targets associated with multiple funding programs
• Negotiate training incentive contracts with employers according to current guidelines and funding, identifying employer needs and workplace opportunities for candidates
• Prepare and maintain the necessary documentation for accounting procedures, including invoicing and contract negotiation
• Market and negotiate with employers regarding the Canada Ontario Jobs Grant program
What We Can Offer You:
• Full benefits
• Full time; Monday to Friday 8:00 – 4:30
• Salaried position
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Casual dress
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Vision care
PEHC is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls, please. Note Job Developer / Employment Specialist in the subject line. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than Friday, March 18, 2022.
April 29, 2022
Not On Bus Route
Driver's License Required