Posting VCS # 079
Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness is actively recruiting a Temporary (two year) full time Professional Practice Leader.
Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness is a not-for-profit organization that has been serving children and families in London and Middlesex for over 50 years. As the lead agency for children’s mental health in London Middlesex, Vanier offers a range of services for infants, children, and youth (up to 14 years old) and their families. Our programs and services are designed to provide mental health support to families who have a child struggling with social, emotional, behavioural, and mental health issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a transformational leader and strategic thinker who is committed to service excellence. The Professional Practice Leader will provide strategic and operational leadership in the development and implementation of evidence based and leading-edge clinical practices at Vanier. Provides leadership in creating, articulating, and sustaining an organization wide vision for the professional practice of the regulated disciplines that emphasizes highest quality, client, and family-focused care. This position supports Vanier teams by fostering an environment where ongoing learning, adaptability to changes in service delivery and continuous quality improvement are integrated into practice, routinely demonstrated, and measured. Lead the accreditation and program delivery. The Professional Practice Leader is part of the senior leadership team and reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in health-related discipline required
- Registrant in good standing with Professional Regulatory College
- Active membership in provincial and national professional associations
- At least 5 years clinical experience (including child and youth mental health experience)
- At least 2 years leadership experience in a health or social services sector
- Experience in system and process development, and implementation
- Evidence of broad involvement within the profession
- Experience in effectively managing change leading to enhanced client experience.
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and reporting metrics that track continuous improvement
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience participating in accreditation process
- Broad knowledge of discipline-related issues, including standards of practice and applicable legislation
- Excellent communicator with advanced interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated integration of organizational awareness, critical analysis, and fiscal responsibility in decision-making
- Proven ability in effective team leadership and consensus building
- Advanced writing and presentation skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and e-mail required
- Experience implementing quality improvement plans and communicating results that is meaningful to inspire continuous improvement
- Experience in project management preferred
Vanier offers competitive wages, support for professional development, opportunity to work with a team who take pride in the clinical and service excellence, which Vanier is historically known for, work-life balance, and opportunity for career growth.
This is a full-time temporary (2 year) position (35-hours/week)
Please submit your application via email to:
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.