||Sep 14, 2021
||High School Diploma
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
The Student Experience Portfolio inspires all learners to ignite extraordinary change in the world, and supports the whole learner’s growth through programs, services and experiences that foster well-being, build connections and develop skills.
The Arena Maintenance (Recreation Facility Operator 1) will be responsible for a variety of duties related to the maintenance and operation of an indoor sports complex consisting of ice arena and indoor track as well as an outdoor stadium complex consisting of 3 artificial fields and track. The Operator will provide efficient and courteous service to customers and provide support to co-workers in the delivery of these services.
- Minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid Class G Ontario Drivers Licence in good standing
- Possess and maintain forklift certification
- Possess and maintain a current First Aid Certificate including CPR
- 3 years' experience working in arena maintenance including the operation of an ice resurfacer and forklift
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the safe operation of athletic facilities for both participants and spectators
- In depth understanding of tools, equipment, materials and terminology associated with arena and field maintenance activities
- Able to perform tasks in emergency situations including shutting down mechanical systems and evacuating the building
- Comprehensive electronic, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to investigate, identify, analyse, document information in written or electronic form and resolve problems
- Able to lift and transport materials, bend, climb and reach repetitively on a daily basis, 1-2 hours per day
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to interact with customers, peers and managers in positive ways which develop mutual understanding, respect and productive relationships
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #23906 by midnight on September 25, 2021.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.