This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 22, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
As a company in the Timberland Group, TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with sales, engineering, and manufacturing departments all under one roof.
We are looking for a Payroll and Accounting Administrator. This is a full-time position with an attractive compensation package for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Controller, this position is a hybrid role of payroll and accounting. This position maintains records for the daily accounting transactions for accounts receivable and payroll. This position verifies accuracy of relevant documents and is responsible for creating and maintaining computerized records and inputting general accounting information in to the system while processing various accounting transactions according to established procedures. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Work with payroll service provider to process and issue employee pay and statements of earnings and deductions
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
- Review time sheets and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, in order to maintain and update payroll records
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll and benefit plans
- Complete, verify, and process forms, payments and documentation for administration of benefits
- Prepare and balance period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Enter and verify weekly vendor invoices and cash receipt batches; prepare weekly cheque runs
- Compile reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit to Controller
- Prepare monthly journal entries and input into general ledger
- Preparation of monthly bank and account reconciliations
- Complete and file monthly WSIB, HST, and CRA reports
- Input of journal entries for the other Timberland Group companies
- Back-up and assistance as required for other positions within the Administration department
- Represent office workers on the JHSC
- Complete paperwork, etc. related to health and safety matters, including reporting to WSIB
- Coordinate the annual health and safety audit and liaise with the health and safety auditor
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified applicants may email resumes quoting “Accounting” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting/Finance
- Canadian Payroll Association certification considered an asset
- JHSC certificate/health and safety courses
- Three or more years of experience performing all payroll and accounting functions in a manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Experience with employee benefits administration
- Strong computer skills in Excel and accounting software, applied in a work setting
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Professional and trustworthy with confidential information