This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 15, 2023
||High School Diploma
Donor Relations Coordinator
Mission Services of London (MSL), a Christian faith-based, not-for-profit social service agency, seeks a full-time Donor Relations Coordinator. This individual will advance the organization’s mission, vision, values and objectives by managing the direct mail campaigns, monthly donor solicitation programs and development, telephone and written solicitations, event support and champion stewardship initiatives, including but not limited to assisting with drafting grant proposals as a support to our Development Team.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize provided and self-developed scripts to engage donor prospects noted on provided and self-compiled lists. The scripts may include thanking donors for their past support, asking for monthly donation commitments/upgrades, solicitation of sponsorships and other types of gifts (e.g. silent auction items for fundraising events), recruitment of fundraising event participants, confirming attendance at fundraising/stewardship events, as well as qualifying potential prospects for the Development team.
- Enter call data into the Salesforce database, creating records and noting any necessary changes to constituent records as needed.
- Maintain a record of action items that arise from telephone interactions, and that the Development team needs to follow up on.
- Coordinate and execute follow-up campaigns for our direct mail campaigns, Beacon of Hope monthly donors as well as relationship management of middle-level donors.
- Prepare statistical reports pertaining to telephone programs and suggest potential changes that could be made to the campaigns to increase effectiveness and/or efficiency.
- Champion of our stewardship responsibilities with coordinating and executing the new initiatives and reports, as well as assisting with drafting grant proposals and other support materials to our Development Team.
- Familiarize self with the organization’s branches, mandate, and Development activities in order to answer questions that may arise during interactions with donors and the public.
- Assist in maintaining database by keeping recognition levels for each record up to date, linking relationships, populating tabs with research and first-hand information
- Oversee various in-house mailing in partnership with the Donor Relations Assistant and manage the production and composition of the Welcome Kits to new donors.
- Assist with the organizing and running of Development events (i.e. active role in organizing committees; staffing information booths and/or representing organization in donor interactions including but not limited to cheque presentations and tours as needed; auction item pickup; event set up, tear down, transporting of materials, greeting of guests, distribution of information packages, keeping of RSVP lists, staffing registration desk, etc.).
- Contribute to overall donor satisfaction by handling donor or public inquiries, concerns and complaints as needed, and by engaging colleagues in interactions as required.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field (e.g. Not-for-Profit Management, Fundraising, Office/Business Administration).
- General mathematical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), databases/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Internet searches and other web tools.
- Knowledge of Salesforce (donor database) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge and use of various office-based software, including Microsoft Office, Salesforce or other CRM.
- Strong working knowledge and comfort with use of the Internet.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills with ability to meet ongoing deadlines and schedules.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle access.
- French language skills are an asset
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Development & Communications
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; expectation to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Flexibility to work from the Administration Office full-time, or some days from the office and others from home
- Pay level 4 ($22.19 to $25.50/hr range)