This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Thomas, ON
|Feb 05, 2024
|Masters or PhD
Manager, Accessibility Services (CSL 41303)
Counselling and Accessibility Services
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary Range: $94,113 to $117,641 per year
Closing Date: February 19, 2024
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week). Some responsibility for on-call or evening work.
Duties: Reporting to the Director, Counselling and Accessibility Services, the Manager, Accessibility Services is responsible for providing leadership to the Accessibility Counselling and Support Services portfolio in Counselling and Accessibility Services. This role works collaboratively with student services, faculty and staff across the College to ensure the delivery of high quality services and effective support that are aligned with the College’s Strategic Goals and Student Experience Initiatives.
Contributing to the College’s work on improving accessibility, the Manager of Accessibility Services participates in college-wide initiatives such as the advancement of Universal Design for Learning, compliance to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) through membership on related committees and working groups.
The Manager of Accessibility Services works to ensure the highest standard of service delivery for students by engaging in continual assessment and improvement of accommodation processes and service provision to ensure efficiency, reduce barriers and grow inclusivity for the increasingly diverse student population at Fanshawe College.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Master’s degree in Human Services, Social Sciences, Business or a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ progressive client service experience, preferably within a counselling or student services environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Demonstrated experience leading the tasks and priorities of a work team, as well as managing projects
- Budget and/or financial management experience required
- Direct managerial/ supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Experience managing in a disability service or accessibility setting is required
- Computer expertise, including data base management, troubleshooting, and conducting data queries
- Facilitative leadership skills including excellent consultation, communication, planning, organizational, interpersonal, and team leadership abilities
- Able to lead and motivate a work team, as well as plan and lead change. Excellent skills in customer service, office management, conflict resolution, and public relations.
- Knowledge of and ability to train staff on how to provide services in the context of disability related legislation including AODA, Ontario Human Rights Code, and privacy legislation
- Ability to provide appropriate leadership in an environment with complex and often urgent client situations
- Experience managing and/or providing accommodation services to individuals with disabilities
- Experience using Fanshawe College’s student information system, human resources processes, and purchasing processes would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills