WHO WE ARE
Parkside is a well-established firm with its head office located in London, Ontario. We currently manage properties in fifteen different municipalities across Southern Ontario. Parkside Property Management was formed in 1969. With over 50 years in the Property Management industry, Parkside Property Management has proven itself as a versatile organization that offers management services for a broad range of properties. With an emphasis on exceptional and nimble client service, Parkside provides professional property management services for Residential rental properties, condominiums, industrial/commercial centres, and retail outlets.
WHY CUSTOMERS CHOOSE US
- Managing properties with honesty and integrity and adhering to a code of ethics.
- Providing good service to residents and their boards, and collaborating effectively with vendors, owners, and boards to maintain good communities.
- Providing guidance and leadership for the staff members of the condominium community, ensuring proper organization of records, and enforcing the regulations of the community.
- Providing condominium communities with the best value for money from suppliers and contractors.
- Licensed condominium managers with experience that exceeds the minimum requirements of the licensing organizations.
- Maintaining ongoing education about condo property management and knowing current laws and regulations.
- Implementing technology to achieve multiple client facing concerns: speed, accuracy, form of communication, online payments and many more.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional and professional management services to a diverse portfolio of residential and/or commercial properties.
- Provide project management support to work and projects authorized by the Condominium Corporations Board of Directions within a timely manner.
- Act as the first point of contact for all projects, emergencies, contracts and contractors within the assigned group of properties and clients.
- Provide assistance to the after-hours answering service for any emergency situations that arise outside of regular office hours (these duties are shared on a rotating basis with other Managers).
- Provide leadership to the Corporations Annual General Meeting, and other ad hoc meetings required. This could include creating agendas, conducting and recording the minutes of the meeting, as well as following up on action items.
- Overseeing financial matters of the assigned portfolio which may include assisting with the annual budget process, analyzing expenses, and reviewing and approving invoices.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required by the General Manager, from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Requirements
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in similar role providing Property Management services is preferred.
- Holds a valid Limited or General License with the CMRAO.
- A valid Driver's License is required in order to visit and inspect the various properties in the Candidate's portfolio.
- Experience in the day-to-day operations of commercial, retail, industrial and condominium property management.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Condominium Act, the Landlord Tenant Board and other legislation, statutes and/or regulations as they relate to the position.
- Solid understanding of the financial management and budget process for a Condominium Corporation,
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to interact positively with clients and the general public in a variety of settings, including public presentations.
- Well-honed and developed interpersonal skills to represent Parkside Property Management professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and use good judgement in all decisions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience working with Property Management software will be considered an asset;
- Energetic, organized, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable, and flexible;
- Capacity to learn easily and ability to work with little supervision.