This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. (CFG) and its subsidiaries are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition, managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with industry leading lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and servicing of performing, insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions through our operating, servicing, and technology platforms.
Adding to the momentum that Canaccede has built, in March 2020, Jefferson Capital, a leading purchaser and servicer of consumer charged-off and bankruptcy receivables in the United States and United Kingdom completed the strategic acquisition of Canaccede Financial Group Ltd.
Canaccede’s corporate culture is an open, forward-looking, and growth-oriented one, where motivated employees learn and grow. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario. This full-time contract position will be based out of our London office.
The successful candidate will initially work from home and there is potential for the position to be a permanent work from home opportunity. While our ideal candidate would be based in London, the successful candidate will be available for commuting the distance to either of our locations to work in office, when necessary.
The Human Resources and Office Administrator will provide administrative support to our office personnel. The Administrator’s role will include working closely with the Human Resources Department by handling clerical duties, assisting with recruitment, payroll and benefits administration, managing office supplies, and liaising with building management and external vendors for ad hoc requests.
In order to be successful in this position you should be passionate about detail-oriented tasks, organized, and capable of professional interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a 6 month contract position.
What does a typical day look like?
Human Resources Duties
- Support Human Resources Department in achieving departmental and organizational goals by completing transitional functions in a thorough and timely manner
- Assist in recruitment and selection processes by performing tasks such as uploading job postings to job boards, screening resumes, short listing candidates, and managing all correspondence with applicants
- Prepare onboarding materials for new employees and conduct onboarding sessions in HR Generalist’s absence
- In collaboration with the Marketing Team, support functions related to Employer Brand, such as creating content for social media platforms
- Receive and distribute all forms of HR communications, including preparing formal communications to employees for HR management review, such as new employee announcements
- Support the administration of Performance Management program, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records and trackers
- Support the administration of payroll processing, preparing files for transmission, ensuring accurate record keeping for time off, T4s, Records of Employment, and Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Support the administration of group benefits; reviewing invoices and submitting to Finance for timely payment, adding new members, processing individual changes to benefits
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of personnel and other filed items
- Schedule delivery of online training in compliance with onboarding and industry requirements, including maintaining training records
- Provide support to the Joint Health and Safety committee with respect to requirements such as certification training, monthly inspections and quarterly meetings
- Assist with the development, review, and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Draft general forms, letters, reports, and memos
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required
Office Administration Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of office administration
- Coordinate with courier for all deliveries
- Coordinate with building management on matters related to health and safety such as delivery of fire plans and emergency procedures
- Monitor all kitchen and office supply levels, and place orders with all vendors
- Coordinate with building administration for general maintenance and cleaning requests
- Coordinate with external vendors for quotes and scheduling of office maintenance, renovations, and repairs as required
- Coordinate logistics for employee, Management and/or visitor meetings such as ensuring appropriate meeting space, compiling presentations, and/or ordering catering
- Assist other departments with administrative tasks, as required
What qualifications are required for this position?
- 2 + years Administrative Assistance experience, preferably within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or Office Administration considered an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- HRIS experience considered an asset
- Payroll administration experience considered an asset
- Professional maturity and strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable handling confidential information
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills
What type of scheduling does Canaccede Financial Group offer?
This temporary full-time role (37.5 hours per week) requires availability during core hours of operation (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM).
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
Competitive total compensation structure, including: competitive base salary, annual bonus program, deferred profit sharing plan, group RRSP, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program.
While working from home we are sure to provide our employees with the systems necessary for long term success, which includes your performance and communication tools. We have also modified our onboarding process to help integrate you into the company even before your first day, and we will help connect you with all of our current employees. Our Social Committee hosts virtual monthly activities, and we continue celebrating our successes while remote.
When it is safe for all employees to return to our offices you will get to enjoy our open concept work environment, which is ideal for collaboration and team building. Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues in our expansive lunchroom filled with windows, booths, and social tables. Our Social Committee coordinates fun events on a regular basis – both inside and outside of the office – including holiday lunches, pub nights, contests, and weekly lottery… just to name a few. We happily spend time celebrating our employees’ personal and work-related accomplishments with awards, company-wide recognition, and of course, cake.
We care about giving back to the London community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. So far, we have donated more than $40,000 for both local and national charities, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
A culture of diversity and inclusion at Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. is imperative. We invite and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Canaccede will provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessible-customer-service
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Alyssa Ryde, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering a career with Canaccede Financial Group. We will contact those who have been selected for an interview.