At Synamedia, we have over 2,000 uniquely talented people working together across the globe to achieve our vision of transforming the way the world is entertained and informed. As the largest global provider of video solutions, you can be part of building and delivering the most complete, secure, and advanced end-to-end technology platform. Our solutions combined with our partnership with over 200 customers worldwide means we are touching the lives of millions of people everywhere. We think that is quite exciting!
When welcoming new people to our team, we are always looking for opportunities to bring in new ideas, those who ask challenging questions and have the curiosity to learn. These qualities are important to us as we innovate solutions, seize more opportunities to partner with our customers and make a difference as we collaborate to innovate the future of video.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity. If that sounds like the place, you would like to be then we look forward to hearing more from you.
The Solutions DevOps team is responsible for the end-to-end installation, verification, deployment and support of next-generation digital video systems and IP video solutions. As a Senior Customer Support Specialist, you will be part of a highly collaborative cross-site team contributing to multiple phases of the systems life cycle from deployment to support. This role has the potential to work across multiple currently deployed video platforms as well as influence systems currently under development.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who has a robust appetite for learning, collaborating, and supporting solutions for our customers. Embarking on a journey alongside a widespread team of more than 2,000 employees, you are expected to collaborate with teams from Canadian offices, US locations, and others all over the globe. Hence, strong communication, documentation, and customer focus are vital to delivering high-quality products and forging a path with us. The learning never ends with this role.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Working in a highly collaborative environment as part of a 24x7 team. This will include taking part in a 24/7 on-call rota where occasional weekend work will be required.
- Providing technical support to the client’s frontline network and operations teams.
- Performing troubleshooting and incident handling for customer-identified issues.
- Maintaining and updating service desk tickets with appropriate status for incidents and changes.
- Assisting in the ongoing deployment and maintenance of our test and production environments.
- Assisting in validation and testing of product builds.
- Assisting in performing proactive monitoring of our systems to identify and correct issues before they become major incidents.
- Using industry-standard monitoring tools to proactively check system status and raise incidents for investigation.
- Leading support bridges with customers and partners.
- Triaging automated system events and resolve, as necessary.
- Occasional traveling may be required.
A Culture of Belonging
- 3+ years of Professional Experience in an Enterprise Environment.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies including AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a Software development organization would be an asset.
- Understanding of common tools such as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, Jenkins, Service Now.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies in a challenging and fast-paced Solution DevOps environment.
- Ability to manage day-to-day tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Networking knowledge\experience.
- Strong system debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and spoken communications skills.
- Strong customer management skills.
We want to let you know that Synamedia is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, engagement activities, and services to support all our people.