Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources, Manager, Strategic Initiatives, will work with various leaders across the organization to devise strategies, recommendations, plans, and systems with respect to strategic priorities for the organization. The Manager, Strategic Initiatives will provide effective project leadership to effectively support and drive the design, facilitation, implementation and evaluation of program and division-based projects and initiatives for Southwestern Public Health.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the successful incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the portfolio and work with members of the leadership team and front-line staff members, to foster, enable, implement, and sustain on-going process improvement as part of SWPH’s program, services, and corporate functions.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Business, Quality Improvement, Public Administration, Project Management, Health / Social Services, or similar discipline.
- Project Management certification, including demonstrated project management skills, with extensive knowledge in project management principles an asset.
- Systems thinker, with a minimum of two (2) of experience leading projects and initiatives aligned with strategic direction.
- Experience in procurement and/or supply chain management.
- Ability to formulate and implement training objectives and public presentations.
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development and collaboration, and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem recognition, analysis and resolution skills
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to form/defend independent judgments and to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/stressful conditions to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with prioritization and organization of competing priorities to ensure effective planning of departmental priorities and projects
- Understanding of Lean concepts and application in analytics development
- Experience with change management and facilitation, and ability to engage and involve diverse stakeholders to understand needs and develop information products that provide interactive, actionable measurement to enable decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members.
A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPID), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Immunization Requirements: Provide documentation you have received two (2) doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, plus at least one booster dose, and acknowledgement to follow Southwestern Public Health's policies and processes related to COVID-19 management in the workplace.
Please visit our website at www.swpublichealth.ca/careers to apply.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.