Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
We are the place for dreamers, innovators, and world-changing ideas. We create an entrepreneurial culture, foster a vibrant community, launch new startups, and accelerate growth for established tech companies, while attracting the next generation of tech talent and innovative entrepreneurs in Southwestern Ontario.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for expanding the reach of Southwestern Ontario’s innovators, to capture the region’s innovation economy stories, and disseminate to a diverse community of stakeholders and media contacts. This role is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a diverse portfolio of responsibilities including content creation, digital marketing, website management, public and media relations, social media, and graphic design.
The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with a passion for working in words and images. Always delivering messages in creative and unique ways through strategic channels, the Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist can easily identify when content is best suited for a Twitter post or an Instagram campaign to establish connections, create dialogue or to shine the spotlight on ventures within our region.
- Proactively use your local knowledge and connections, and your passion for storytelling to co-curate meaningful and relevant content.
- Develop creative social media content that prompts followers to authentically engage and share.
- Conceptualize, design and develop publishing and graphics material in various digital media formats.
- Manage media relations, secure and evaluate press opportunities.
- Contribute to writing of internal and external communication pieces such as presentation materials, news releases, remarks, annual report, strategic plan, funder’s reports, etc. with consistent brand and persona.
- Produce wraparound content to complement visual design elements including social media, website and email marketing copy that directly supports the editorial calendar and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Support community engagement over social media, developing and maintaining relationships with key individuals and organizations, supporting lead generation for Venture Growth + Corporate Innovation.
- Develop and maintain new website ensuring all information is up-to-date and current. This may require working with third-party agencies, when required.
- Optimize search engine performance and user experience on our websites.
- Analyze social channels and website analytics to measure the performance of social activities.
- Manage, create and optimize PPC Google Ad Campaigns.
- Create and publish client-facing newsletters; collect and analyze metrics to optimize readership and delivery on call to actions.
- Align TechAlliance's thought leadership and brand vision with current trends in technology and innovation through engaging brand messaging and visuals
- Develop relationships within the tech community and with our clients to highlight good news and celebrate achievements.
- Undergraduate degree, specialization in communications or marketing, public relations preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role or in an agency setting.
- Must have excellent writing/creative writing and editing skills (writing samples are required).
- In-depth knowledge of principles of writing, including grammar and style, argument, and coherence and attention to detail, proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language.
- Superior oral and written communications skills including active listening and demonstrating professionalism in both presentation and demeanor.
- Knowledge of theory and best practice in media relations and public affairs, and of marketing fundamentals, campaigns, and trends.
- Acute understanding of social media platforms from content, audience, and technical perspective.
- Dedicated team player who is able to contribute to a vibrant team culture and core values, while prioritizing multiple and changing demands.
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent planning and time management while working independently and with ambiguity.
- Highly self-motivated, innovative thinker with a creative flair and passion.
- Demonstrated success in building credibility, managing relationships, and proactively collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Active participant on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Please send your cover letter, resume, including your social media handles, plus a sample of your writing and/or creative content to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on January 13, 2021.
Candidates selected to advance in the recruitment process will be interviewed January 14 – 18, 2021.
Candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $45,100 – $50,800. When determining salary, we consider the market, candidate experience, as well as internal equity.
All applications will be kept confidential. TechAlliance is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including BIPOC, francophones, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.