||Aug 30, 2021
Interested in working on a small team that makes a big impact?
Arvin Sango Canada Inc. (ASCI) is Tier 1 automotive components manufacturer, specializing in vehicle exhaust systems and welded structural components. We have received several supplier awards related to both Quality Performance and new product Launch Performance. Are you interested in joining this award-winning team?
We currently have an opportunity for a talented and motivated Engineering Supervisor.
If you are looking for a mix of engineering and technical maintenance duties and would like to become part of ASCI’s management team, this position could be for you!
The Engineering Supervisor is the primary technical expert within the facility; responsible for all activities related to Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities. The Engineering Supervisor provides hands-on technical support to new projects and existing production lines. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of our engineering and maintenance team. The successful candidate will plan and assign work and recommend improvements. The Engineering Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Qualifications – Preference will be given to candidates who offer:
- Co-ordination of new launch activities and projects.
- Work with the Quality department to ensure product meets all customer expectations and requirements.
- Oversee the plant’s Preventative Maintenance program.
- Organize & coordinate Engineering trial activities.
- Develop standard work instructions and process parameter set points.
- Work closely with outside contractors on equipment and facility repair and improvements.
- Balance quality, safety, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results.
- Responsible for the overall management of the site stockroom. Plan, schedule and order all necessary material, equipment, tools and spare parts to complete daily activities. Determine what items are essential spares and ensure they are stocked.
- Provides coaching, oversight and development to Maintenance team.
- Due to the continuous nature of our production lines, equipment maintenance and engineering trials are sometimes done on weekends and holidays. Please ensure you can accommodate this schedule before you decide to apply.
Education and Professional Credentials
- Automotive component manufacturing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Customer-focused mindset
- IATF and ISO awareness
- Proven leadership/management experience: 3+ years’ experience in Technical Leadership role
- Strong automation knowledge, a balance of both mechanical and electrical know-how
- Familiarity with industrial robots, pneumatics, hydraulics and PLCs
- The ability to travel internationally on occasion (holds a valid passport)
- Experience in a mass-production welding environment
Why Join Our Team?
ASCI prides itself on being a fun, fast paced and dynamic workplace that emphasizes respect. We work as a team and support each other’s growth and development. We offer a full compensation package that includes a broad range of health, wellness and financial benefits that promote the physical, mental and financial wellbeing of our employees:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing disciplines preferred)
- Membership with OACETT, PEO or both
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and wage expectations to HRCanada@ArvinSango.com. In your cover letter, please highlight your skills, qualifications, experiences and education that would make you successful in this role. As this is an immediate opening, we will be screening applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Education verification, reference check and criminal background check will be administered to suitably qualified candidates. We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, agencies or walk-ins accepted. We are an equal-opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations during any phase of the recruitment/hiring process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- A competitive salary (commensurate on experience)
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Employer paid family drug, vision and dental plans
- Retirement Savings Programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program