This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Thomas, ON
||Jan 06, 2022
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are seeking individuals to join our Greenhouse team in a laborer role. If you enjoy physical Labour, have experience with agriculture or landscaping, and enjoy working as part of a team this position may be for you.
- Handling vegetable seedlings throughout production, performing tasks such as; seeding, transplanting, staking, shipping, material handling and cleaning
- Physical Labour, repetitive bending over at the waist to tend to vegetable seedlings
- Physical tasks include bending, lifting 20-30 lbs., twisting, and standing for extended periods
- Examine plants for quality and prepare for shipping
- Detect disease and health problems in plants
- Fertilize, cultivate, spray, and irrigate plants
- Follow bio-security procedures
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow, temperature, screens and lighting in facilities
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Maintain and assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Physical Location/Working Conditions:
- Demonstrated ability to operate various types of equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexible availability
- No education or experience required – We provide training
$15.00 per hour
This role is classified as an agriculture employee / farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA
How to apply
Submit your resume:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject title: Greenhouse Labourer
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- Greenhouse environment in rural area, own transportation required.
- Repetitive tasks, combination of standing, bending, walking, crouching
- 35 – 55 hours per week, shifts may vary between day and evening