This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 07, 2021
Digital Marketing & Content Creation Coordinator
We believe every local employer should have the talent, resources, and support they need to continue growing and investing in London, and that jobseekers should have access to a vast and diverse selection of exciting job opportunities. We do what we do every day to ensure we’re helping to create an environment in London where this is possible.
The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is the lead economic development agency for London. We work with business, government, academic institutions, and industry partners, to support the growth of existing businesses, attract new businesses to London.
We take great pride in supporting local events and profiling the amazing business and partners that we have in London.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, accomplished and passionate.
To be successful in this role, you need to be hungry and always wanting to learn new communications & marketing trends and best practices This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for digital marketing, social media, and content creation.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver compelling and effective user experiences through our web and digital marketing channels to achieve business objectives.
What You Will Be Doing
- 2 years of proven experience in digital marketing and content creation
- Strong proficiency with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn as well as scheduling tools such as sprout social.
- A keen eye for style and detail with an ability to pick up on and capitalize on growing trends.
- Business acumen with a capacity for strategic thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with tracking content analytics and interpret and learn from data using tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Strong Photoshop, Canva, or Other thumb creation tools.
- Skills in presentation creation in PowerPoint.
- Familiarity in newsletter software such as Mail Chimp.
Our Kind of Person
- Maintain and enhance LEDC’s website properties to keep information current and improve performance.
- Curate and optimize content for specific social platforms to increase engagement and/or CTR while adhering to platform policies.
- Analyze data and statistics to make effective decisions on posting schedule.
- Develop and post brand aligned and engaging content across web and social media platforms.
- Monitor social media platforms with a keen eye to share and support news from partners, clients, and the business community.
- Prepare regular reports in Excel of progress and KPI’s.
- Perform copywriting duties across multiple communication platforms for both internal and external audiences from web content, digital media, corporate communications, newsletters, case studies, blogs, presentations, trade shows to social media posts.
- Research and evaluate digital advertising opportunities.
What you can expect from us.
- You embrace change — platform publishing is volatile, so you need to adapt and pivot quickly.
- You understand how things go viral and why.
- You care about and take pride in your work.
- You are comfortable taking initiative, working in collaboration with others, and mentoring those who need it.
- You handle multiple assignments simultaneously and work strategically, tactically, and operationally, independently or as part of a team.
Diversity and inclusion are embedded in our culture. Our goal is to continuously improve and sustain an inclusive culture in which diversity provides deeper insights and creates an environment of innovation, creativity, and growth. By attracting, developing, and engaging the best minds of diverse and empowered individuals, we help realize life’s potential for ourselves, our clients and our community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumes to email@example.com by April 15, 4pm
This is a full-time position in London, Ontario.
(During applicable COVID-19 restrictions, the position will work from home)
- An interesting and challenging environment with variety and a strong sense of purpose
- Competitive salaries and employee pension plans
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision.
- Professional Development opportunities.