User Experience (UX) Designer
Location: London, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid Work Model)
Please apply on our website: http://www.bigbluebubble.com/user-experience-designer/
Are you a UX Designer who enjoys solving complex problems and approaches them with systematic thinking, understanding of player motivations, and rigor? Are you looking for a position where you can play a major part in the player experience of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of UX Designer at Big Blue Bubble.
Here are the things you can expect from this position:
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas into visual functional UI designs.
- Define usability strategies.
- Create user experience specifications, mockups, and prototypes.
- Create front-end flow design and layout.
- Create menu hierarchy design and layout.
- Maintain UI architecture, file-naming, and file-preparation conventions and procedures that provide consistency with respect to UI/UX development.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fine arts, graphic design, UX, Computer Science, or related field.
- Academic experience with UI/UX with a good understanding of UI/UX flow and function design.
- Strong user research and usability testing skills.
- Artistic background or programming background.
- Excellent skills in visual design software, like Photoshop, Figma, and Illustrator.
- Strong Iconography skills.
- The ability to lay out complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Strong experience with console games, PC games, mobile games, mobile technologies, and social media.
Other preferable skills include:
- Experience scripting in C#.
- Knowledge of Unity and UGUI.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf, and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.