Bosco and Roxy’s is a premium, specialty dog treat manufacturer based in London, Ontario and shipping worldwide.
The Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring the accurate, seamless reception and processing of incoming/outgoing shipments. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, the inspection of incoming shipments to verify contents and quality adherence as well as legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The position will require successful operation of a forklift, hand truck, skid wrappers or other equipment to load, unload, transport, and store goods. The Warehouse Receiver must also understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming and outgoing items.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of designated freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of warehouses.
- Maintain optimum level of inventory in order to meet internal and external demand of product between warehouses
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Record incoming and outgoing transactions in ERP program
- Operate forklift, pump truck, or other equipment to load, unload, transport, and store goods
- Study shipping notices, bills of landing, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notify maintenance personnel for repair or for quality control.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
- Hold responsibility for site security, including ensuring only authorized personnel are present
- Direct movement of shipments to appropriate work areas
- Ensure the shipping area is organized and clean at all times and meets all compliance requirements
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of direct work experience in a warehouse position.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse and transportation management.
- Computer Skills
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and forklift license.
Bosco and Roxy’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.