This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Thomas, ON
||Sep 27, 2022
Full-time permanent position
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. With that in mind, we are looking for a Line Operator whose primary responsibility will include operating the seeding/selecting or block line on the assigned shift. See below for a detailed list of responsibilities.
- Communicate, motivate and guide a team of labour workers to achieve planning rates and quality production goals
- Operate machines and track workflow based on established company methods and practices, and ensure that labour workers understand their duties or tasks.
- Make minor machine adjustments and troubleshooting
- Monitor productivity, efficiency, and performance of Labour Workers and provide constructive feedback to them
- Enforce safe and healthy work practices, quality, and legal regulations and promote the best environment to work
- Ensure supplies meet quality specifications and are organized for line process
- Coordinate work activities with Workforce Planner, Supervisors, Team Leads, Labour Workers, teams, and other departments (Maintenance, growers, etc.)
- Participate and provide ideas related to quality, morale, and productivity improvement initiatives
- Maintain control over documentation related to the task under his/her responsibility (shipping, time trackers, etc.)
- Loading and unloading tractor-trailers.
- Help maintain trucks/warehouse hygiene by following accepted heath and safety policies and procedures
- Receive and store supplies/inventory – general warehouse organization
- Deliver greenhouse supplies to the greenhouse for shipping
- Return loaded carts to the warehouse & wrapping for shipping
- Assist with building/adjusting carts for shipping
- Provide support to the greenhouse when necessary
- Various other related duties as assigned by the supervisor Adherence to safety in the workplace
- Additional duties to be added as required
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Completion of a high-school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to operate various types of equipment
- Mechanical knowledge, skills, and/or experience
- 1 year of experience in a supervisor role
- Good communication, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting maintaining endurance over extended periods
- Own transportation required
This role is classified as an agriculture employee/farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
How to apply:
Submit your Resume
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: email@example.com / Subject title: Line Operator
Fax: 519 637 2449
Visit our website: https://www.ontarioplants.com/employment
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- Greenhouse environment in a rural area, own transportation required;
- 30-70 hours per week, shifts may vary between day and evening
- Able to work long hours including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays when required
- Start times vary significantly during busy times, flexibility is a must