Location: London, Ontario, Canada - Hybrid Work Schedule
Is your life caught in endless animation loops – but you like it that way? Do you have a solid understanding of movement, weight and timing in order to produce top quality animations? Are you always looking to improve your animation skills and stay current on the latest trends and techniques? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 2D Animator at Big Blue Bubble.
Here are the things you will be responsible for in this position:
- Working with the Art Lead and production team to create and implement 2D character animation assets.
- Creating imaginative character concepts that align with the overall vision of the studio and branding.
- Working with the Producer to ensure all established timelines and deliverables are met.
- Participating in art design review meetings and sharing your ideas, feedback and opinions.
- Continuing to enhance your animation skills by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- College Diploma in Art or Animation.
- 1 year of related experience creating animation and animation-related art assets on projects.
- Expert level understanding of the Principles of Animation.
- Well versed in Photoshop.
- Ability to create seamless animation loops.
- Experience working with approachable art and animation styles.
- Experience with rigging and animating full-body humanoid characters would be an asset.
- Adaptable/versatile art style and ability to maintain a consistent look across multiple projects.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.