|Jan 12, 2024
Join the YMCA Health + Fitness Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment by belonging to an international movement that makes positive differences in the lives of individuals and families.
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and career while supporting others to be successful.
We are one of.....
We currently have a need for the following position:
Position: General Manager, Health Fitness & Aquatics Centre
Locations: Stoney Creek Community Centre, YMCA & Library
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
Start Date: February 2024
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA childcare and camp programs
• Access vacation entitlement, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
• Benefits package and Pension applicable with position/contract length
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
In this role you will:
• Be committed to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
• Provide overall branch leadership; responsible for the development/implementation of operational plans and the Association’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures
• Be responsible for community and partner relationship building.
• Be responsible for Sales and Membership engagement.
• Accountable for achieving operational goals through financial management of the branch.
• Accountable for the development and implementation of tactical plans for the branch including budgets, staff and volunteer hiring and development, quality assurance, asset management, positioning, Member Engagement and Philanthropy
Education and Skills Qualifications:
• 3-year post-secondary degree in business and/or marketing or a related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in a results-oriented mid-management role overseeing staff and/or volunteers
• YMCA experience is preferred but related work considered
• Skills in Human Resources Management, Health, Fitness and Aquatics membership and program delivery, as well as financial management
• Experience building connections and relationships within and between community organizations
• Computer knowledge in Office 365 using Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022; however, it may be reinstated in the future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
Click the link below to submit your application before the job posting deadline Friday, January 26, 2024 at midnight.
• Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information