This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 26, 2023
Position Type: Full Time, permanent
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply using the following link:
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 2-3 years’ minimum
Education: College Diploma
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
We require an Process Technician Team Member who will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of Injection Molding process to support the production work schedule;
- Reporting to the team leader, this position is responsible for supporting technical requirements associated with Liquid Silicone Rubber processing; tooling, equipment, programming and robotics.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot molding process and make necessary adjustments to produce quality parts
- Set up new molds, running molds and change inserts, seals and bearings on the machine
- Carry out mold change over and change material, colour etc.
- Production start up of injection molds and proper handoff
- Establish optimal molding processes on new and existing tooling with an emphasis on zero defects and meeting customer requirements
- Utilize measuring equipment, tools, and gauges as required
- Assemble, set up, and program tooling, machinery and equipment
- Ensure compliance to safety rules, procedures, and company policies
- Participate and support continuous improvement and lean systems activity
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by Manager / Team Leader
Do you have?
- College Diploma plus apprenticeship or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in operating fully automatic injection molding process end to end
- Experience with Injection molding units an asset
- Experience with Quality System Requirements, such as ISO 9001 and APQP
Successful candidate will also have:
- Experience/understanding of Process Change Management
- Ability to understand product measurements and correlate them to process adjustments
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Above average technical understanding and willing to learn new processes and concepts
- Basic knowledge of engineering terminology, liquid injection molding processes, tooling and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Crane/ hoist certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends
What Starlim offers:
- A full-time, permanent position in our London location
- Current hours of work: Monday - Friday, day shift
- Safe and clean working environment
- A competitive compensation package that includes paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching program
- On-site fitness facility
- EFAP through LifeWorks
- A varied area of responsibility in an extremely successful and growth-oriented company