Location: London, Ontario, Canada
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: https://www.bigbluebubble.com/3d-artist/
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration - Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you someone who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working with others in a collaborative environment? Are you looking for a position where you can play a significant role in the visual creation of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 3D Artist at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Art Director, Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers to create exciting and market-ready products for both new and existing IP.
- Creating 3D Models and Textures for a variety of objects in many different art styles.
- Maintaining consistent art style under the direction of the Art Director.
- Participating in art team discussions, critiques and game development ideas.
- Managing responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Various art tasks that could include 2D illustration.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation or related field.
- Good knowledge in 3DS MAX and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of Art Theory.
- Good texturing skills.
- Knowledge of the game development process.
- Good portfolio demonstrating 3D art skills and artistic creativity.
- Ability to learn and take direction.
Other preferable skills include:
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- Experience with the Unity particle FX system.
- Good understanding of animation principles and ability to animate simple rigs.
- Experience with rigging 3D character models for animation.
- Good traditional art background (2D illustration).
- High-poly Sculpting with Mudbox.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments - if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.